This holiday season reminds us to give thanks for good food. More so, it is a great time to find ourselves counting our blessings and praising God. Those are two areas that I can always be better at: praying and giving thanks. We are instructed, after all, to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17) and to give thanks always (Ephesians 5:20).
I moved to my new apartment this weekend. As I will be without internet at home for a while, I am not sure how possible it will be to post updates these next few weeks. But I hate to leave you without holiday reading. Thus, I happily commend to you some great books of prayer written by my dear friend, Andrew Case.
I am very thankful for his encouragement in my life. And I cannot be more proud of the wonderful work he has done. I am challenged by his books to pray more fervently for those whom I love—even the wife I have yet to meet. His works include prayers of husbands for their wives, prayers of wives for their husbands, and prayers of parents for their children.
He has blessed us with easy-to-view, easy-to-download online copies. I have included them here. I pray this Thanksgiving produces a holy joy in our hearts and deepens our commitment to seek His face.
Blessings ~ Paul
Paul, glad you've resettled in a new place and are underway with new adjustments. May the Lord bless your Thursday message in a marvelous way! I want to remind you to get in touch with me when you get back to TX. I definitely want us to get together. You think it may be sometime in March?
ReplyDeleteThese books are really cool. Can't wait to have a chance to get into them!
ReplyDelete